Today's Above Avalon stories:
- Amazon Developing New Alexa Tablet
- Fitbit Planning to Buy Pebble
- Thursday Q&A
We begin today's email with a closer look at Amazon planning to unveil a tablet for Alexa. There is a lot of irony found in this story. We go over my thoughts and observations on Amazon Echo, Alexa, voice assistants, and screens. The email then turns to news that Fitbit is planning to buy Pebble. We discuss Fitbit's motivation for acquiring Pebble and what the acquisition would suggest about Fitbit's product strategy and the broader wrist wearables space. We end the email with the latest installment of member Q&A, and I answer the following questions from Above Avalon members:
- Why doesn't Apple increase its advertising budget in the face of falling unit sales?
- Are there any signs of Tor Myhren contributing to Apple marketing/advertising?
- Would it make sense for Apple to have "CarPlay AR" (ability to have your iPhone work with a head-up display that places data on a car's windshield)?
These stories are available for Above Avalon members. To continue reading, click here.
Become an Above Avalon member to read today's stories and receive future stories in a daily email containing 2-3 stories (10-12 stories/week). You can use the payment forms/links below to sign up ($10/month or $100/year). For more information on membership, click here.