Today's email is dedicated to Apple buying a $1 billion stake in Didi Chuxing, China's largest ridesharing company. The email is divided into a number of sections:
- Didi Chuxing 101 - A Didi Chuxing Primer.
- Investment Rationale - The three primary reasons for Apple investing in Didi.
- The Ridesharing War - A closer look at why the ridesharing industry is turning into an "Uber vs. everyone else" war.
- Apple's Game Plan - My theory on Apple's plan for Didi and ridesharing.
- What's Next? - Details on what I'm expecting in terms of Apple making additional ridesharing investments.
The full story is available for Above Avalon members. To continue reading, click here.
Become an Above Avalon member to read today's story and receive future stories in a daily email containing 2-3 stories (10-12 stories/week). You can use the payment forms/links below to sign up ($20/month or $200/year). For more information on membership, click here.