Today's Above Avalon stories:
- Spotify In Talks to Buy SoundCloud
- The DJI Drone/Apple Partnership
- Thursday Q&A
We begin today's update with a closer look at news that Spotify is in talks to buy SoundCloud. We go over why SoundCloud would sell to Spotify, why Spotify would buy SoundCloud, implications for the broader music streaming industry, and my overall take on the acquisition idea. The email then turns to DJI unveiling its newest drone, the Mavic Pro. A couple of things in DJI's presentation caught my attention, including the company's growing relationship with Apple. We end the email with the latest installment of member Q&A, and I answer the following questions from Above Avalon members:
- If iPhone demand is coming in stronger-than-expected, why did Apple decide to stop giving opening weekend iPhone sales?
- With AAPL shares up 10% this month, is AAPL still a value stock or has it become a growth stock?
- Is it possible that Apple will sell more AirPods than Apple Watches in 2017?
These stories are available for Above Avalon members. To continue reading, click here.
Become an Above Avalon member to read today's stories and receive future stories in a daily email containing 2-3 stories (10-12 stories/week). You can use the payment forms/links below to sign up ($20/month or $200/year). For more information on membership, click here.