Today's Above Avalon email includes the following stories:
- Apple Design Studio's Big Upgrade
- Music Streaming Is Bad Business
- Thursday Q&A
We kick off today's email with a discussion on how Apple's new design studio at Apple Park has undergone a massive upgrade. We turn to Jony Ive's recent talk with Rick Tetzeli to see why the upgrade was needed and possible implications from the significant change. The discussion then turns to Jimmy Iovine, Apple's chief music thinker, becoming increasingly unsatisfied with the current state of music streaming. We go over my thoughts on the topic and a recent observation I had regarding change in the music streaming space. We end the email with the latest installment of member Q&A, and I answer the following questions from Above Avalon members:
- What do I think of Apple's decision of not selling an Apple TV below $100 given that rivals like Roku and Amazon are eroding its market share?
- How do you think the iPad lineup will evolve heading into 2018 and beyond? Do I think there should be an iPad priced at $500?
- How do I view Apple's strategy with home automation and HomeKit?
- What do I think of Apple News?
- Why did Apple announce the cellular version of Apple Watch in a select number of countries?
These stories are available for Above Avalon members. To continue reading, click here.
Become an Above Avalon member to read today's stories and receive future stories in a daily email containing 2-3 stories (10-12 stories/week). You can use the payment forms/links below to sign up ($10/month or $100/year). For more information on membership, click here.