Today's Above Avalon email includes the following stories:
- Deep Dive into 2Q17 Mac and PC Sales
- Additional Thoughts on New iPhone Pricing
- Thursday Q&A
We kick off today's email with my thoughts on IDC's and Gartner's 2Q17 PC shipment data. We then take a closer look at their Mac shipment projections and how they compare with my expectations. We also look at Michael Dell's odd comments about PC trends. The discussion then turns to my previous iPhone pricing projections. Specifically, we discuss what may happen at the lower end of the iPhone pricing spectrum. We end the email with the latest installment of member Q&A, and I answer the following questions from Above Avalon members:
- What do I think of Gene Munster's five-year model for Apple?
- How far out does my Apple earnings model go?
- What do I think could happen to Apple from a performance perspective over the medium term?
- What will happen if Tesla sees disappointing Model 3 demand?
- Why don't other Apple analysts buy the same reports out of Foxconn as Ming-Chi Kuo?
These stories are available for Above Avalon members. To continue reading, click here.
Become an Above Avalon member to read today's stories and receive future stories in a daily email containing 2-3 stories (10-12 stories/week). You can use the payment forms/links below to sign up ($10/month or $100/year). For more information on membership, click here.