Above Avalon has been in existence for three months. I provided an update as to how things were going after the first month, so I figured an update after the first quarter would be appropriate. The primary metric I've been tracking continues to be unique visitors, and I'm quite happy with where things are heading.
- Month 1: 16,528
- Month 2: 25,464
- Month 3: 25,324 (1,000/day normal run rate)
While there were 4-5 days that saw an unusually high amount of referral traffic from other sites, 65% of traffic is either direct or from Twitter. There have been a few other sources that have been helpful in spreading the word about the site on nearly a daily basis. Thank you.
- Above Avalon Twitter: 1,110
- RSS: 2,253
- Podcast RSS: 3,686
I started to add video into the mix and am pleased with the results. I expect to publish more videos in the future. The AAPL Orchard daily email now has 1,400 subscribers and continues to exceed my expectations.
Top Ten Most Popular Above Avalon Posts:
- Selling Apple Watch
- Apple's $3 Billion Bet on Reinventing the Music Industry
- Apple Will Save $3 Billion in 2015 by Selling 16GB iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple's Plan for iPad in an iPhone World
- Jeff Williams: Apple CEO Material
- Jony Ive is the Most Powerful Person at Apple
- Apple Watch Isn't a Luxury Watch
- The Scott Forstall Mystery
- Apple Watch: A Superb Economic Moat Years in the Making
- Larger iPhones May Be a Game Changer
If you are reading this, chances are good that you contributed quite a bit to these results, so thank you. As I said during my first month update, a few retweets and link sharing make a difference. I continue to get email and messages from people who only discovered the site from hearing about it from a friend. My goal with Above Avalon is not only to understand how Apple looks at the world, but also to think differently about the world beyond Apple. My long-term goal is to have many of you join me in this journey, and so far things have exceeded my expectations. Thank you for your early support!