Today's Above Avalon email includes the following stories:
- Smartwatch Obsession Hits Switzerland
- Apple Wants to Sell Premium Cable Bundle
- Thursday Q&A
We begin today's email with my thoughts and observations on David Pierce's (Wired) report from Baselworld, the watch industry's CES. Smartwatches and connected watches were everywhere. We go over why I think Apple Watch momentum is building. We also go over why legacy watchmakers continue to be in such trouble. The email then turns to the report of Apple looking to do something with bundling premium cable channels. I share my thoughts regarding video content and why premium scripted TV content shouldn't be Apple's only focus. We end the email with the latest installment of member Q&A, and I answer the following questions from Above Avalon members:
- Do you really think Apple will sell a pair of AR glasses? What are the odds such a product is a head fake?
- Why did Apple wait so long before becoming aggressive selling iPad?
- Why doesn't Apple include mouse support in iOS?
- Could you see Apple selling Apple Watch cases separate from bands at some point?
- Is there any publicly available information regarding what percent of Product Red Apple products is donated to The Global Fund?
These stories are available for Above Avalon members. To continue reading, click here.
Become an Above Avalon member to read today's stories and receive future stories in a daily email containing 2-3 stories (10-12 stories/week). You can use the payment forms/links below to sign up ($20/month or $200/year). For more information on membership, click here.