Today's Above Avalon email includes the following stories:
- Estimating iPhone Sales Mix by Model
- Video Streaming Is an Arms Race
- Thursday Q&A
We begin today's email by going over my estimates for iPhone sales mix by model during FY3Q17. We go over the methodology and data behind my estimates. The discussion then turns to Variety's interesting interview with Ted Sarandos, Netflix's Chief Content Officer. The video streaming space has become an arms race. We go over my thoughts on the interview and how I think Apple should approach Netflix. We end the email with the latest installment of member Q&A, and I answer the following questions from Above Avalon members:
- What do you think is Apple's gross margin on services?
- Does Apple have room to grow its Services margin over the next four years?
- Who should Netflix buy?
- Do you see Netflix becoming more like Amazon over time?
These stories are available for Above Avalon members. To continue reading, click here.
Become an Above Avalon member to read today's stories and receive future stories in a daily email containing 2-3 stories (10-12 stories/week). You can use the payment forms/links below to sign up ($10/month or $100/year). For more information on membership, click here.